When it comes to lawn care, there are many different types of grasses that you can have in your yard. Some people prefer to have a certain type of grass because it is easy to take care of while others want a specific type of grass because it looks good. There are many different types of reel mowers on the market and each type of grass will determine which kind of mower is best for you.
Bermuda grass, in particular, can be very difficult to maintain if you don’t have the right type of mower. This type of grass grows quickly and spreads easily, making it important to keep up with regular maintenance tasks such as trimming and edging.
If you have a lawn with Bermuda grass, then you know that this type of grass can be tough to mow. You need a special kind of reel mower designed to handle this tough grass. In this article, we will review the best reel mowers for Bermuda grass and help you choose the right one for your lawn.
Ideally, a reel lawn mower has between three to seven blades. Outlined below are reel mower for Bermuda grass reviews for some of the best reel lawn mowers that you can buy.
Top 5 Best Reel Mower for Bermuda Grass Reviews & Comparison
#1. Great States Push Reel Lawn Mower
The Great States 815-18, one of the best reel mower for bermuda grass, is a lightweight reel mower that is extremely easy to use, push and that offers clean and precise cuttings in the mowing of bermuda grasses.
It features 5 blades that make it effective in cutting most of the grass types and giving your yard a uniform look in the process. It also has a cutting width of 18 inches that ensures that more grass is mown in less time.
- It is easy to push, move and manoeuver because of the ball bearings in the 10-inch wheels of the mower.
- The blades are treated with heat and this makes them last a whole lot longer than untreated blades.
- It has a handle coated with powder to prevent oxidation that may lead to rust and corrosion.
- The height can easily be adjusted to accommodate conveniently and comfortably the height of any user of the lawn mower.
- Compared to the price of other lawn mowers, it is relatively cheap.
- It only cuts grass in the forward direction i.e. when it is pushed forward. It does not cut moving backwards, and this may prove a little disadvantageous.
- Sometimes, it takes multiple passes before this lawnmower gets the job done
#2. Scotts 2000-20 Classic Reel Mower
The Scotts 2000-20 push reel lawnmower has a higher cutting width than most other reel lawn mowers, with a cutting width of 20 inches. This translated to more work done in less time. This manual push mower features 10 inch diameter wheels that make the lawnmower easy to move and push.
- It has textured and then padded handgrips that provide comfort and convenience when the lawnmower is in use, especially when it is used for extended periods of time.
- The five blades are heat-treated alloy steel blades, sharp and strong; and do not require sharpening or changing as any other type of mower blades may.
- The wheels are rugged and durable and are puncture proof so that they do not puncture or become damaged when the lawnmower is used over rocky, rough or stony terrain.
- A completely adjustable grass height between any one of nine parameters is one of the greatest pros of this reel lawn mower.
- It does not mow knee high, overgrown weeds even when they are without a brush. It is only really useful for low grasses.
#3. American Reel Lawn Mower
This easy to use, easy to set up and user-friendly lawn mower has made it in our best reel mower for bermuda grass list. It has 5 high-qality blades and a 16 inch cutting width. It mows grass from anywhere between half to two and a quarter inches of grass height.
- It is constructed with steel alloy that has been tempered to make it durable, strong and long-lasting.
- The side plates are made of unbreakable steel and the bed knife blade make it a useful tool in stony and rocky ground.
- The wheels are composite, durable and have a radial tread for more traction and friction on the ground.
- It is ergonomic, user-friendly, light weight, easy to use and easy to store.
- The blades are sharp and do not need to be sharpened too often.
- The cutting width is 16 inches which is considered small for a reel lawn mower. This lawn mower is therefore ineffective in mowing large yards or large lawns.
- In tall grasses like dandelions, it is ineffective as the blades will more often than not snag and jam on the grasses.
- In spite of the great construction, it does tend to some have coupling defects that may result in premature falling apart of the lawn mower.
#4. Fiskars 362050-1001 Reel Mower
This lawn mower is one of the very best reel mower for bermuda grass currently available in the market. With cutting-edge technologies in the development of the blades and the wheels, there is hardly the chance to do better than this lawn mower.
With a cutting width of 18 inches, it is adequate for any light or medium weight lawn mowing.
- It is considerably easier to push(about 60% easier to push than other reel mowers) and also easier to use.
- It mows equally all kinds of grass and is not restricted by, or constrained by grass height or types of lawn grass.
- It is equally easy to use in stony and rocky terrain and will not sustain any damage or issues to the moving parts.
- It also cuts any which way: forwards, backward or sideways and does not just cut moving forward like most other reel lawn mowers.
- The blades can be extended to reach difficult and tricky places like foundations, edges, and fences.
- The grass height can be adjusted from one to four inches.
- It is some expensive and should have something as simple as a catching basket.
#5. Remington Rm3100 18-Inch
The last one in our best reel mower for bermuda grass list is Remington RM3100. This Remington RM3100 manual reel mower with a cutting width of 18 inches is user friendly, ergonomic, easy to use and easy to use. It offers easy cutting with a 5 blade system:
- It features a grass catcher which only really few other lawn mowers feature.
- With an 18-inch cutting width, it is perfect for almost every type of grass.
- It has a mulching feature that is almost entirely peculiar to it.
- It has a lever to can be used to adjust the height of grass to be mown.
- The handle bar can also be easily adjusted to fit the convenience of the user.
- Even though it has a grass catcher, the grass catcher does fall off in uneven or stony terrain.
- The blades are slightly weak and need to be sharpened every so often.
Best Reel Mowers for Bermuda Grass Buyer’s Guide
A top rated reel mower is as important to your yard and the overall health of it, as are the grasses growing in your yard. It is not just enough to have an idea of what a best powered reel mower does, it is also equally important that you understand why you need a reel lawn mower, when you need it and how to go about getting one.
Lawn mowers that run on gas are difficult to use. Apart from the fact that they contribute immensely towards the increase in the rate of air pollution and toxic fumes, they also produce ear-splitting noise that only a few people can put up with.
Before going on a shopping hunt for a power reel mower or a cheap reel mower, these are some of the things that you need to know:
Any number from three to seven is ideal for a top rated reel mower. When buying the reel mower, it is important that you bear in mind the number of blades that it has, which in turn depends on the kind of grass that you intend to mow.
The average number of blades is 5. But a general rule is that: the tougher the grass that you want to mow, the higher the number of sharp blades that your best powered reel mower should have.
The cutting width of a reel lawn mower varies from mower to mower. On average, its cutting width are in the range of 16 to 22 inches and sometimes even more.
The bigger the cutting width of a reel lawn mower, the less time you spend using the mower because it cuts more in less time. For homeowners with a large yard, garden or lawn, it is advised that they purchase reel mowers with bigger cutting widths.
Since a power reel mower does not run on gas or any electric motors, the power that runs them is provided by you, the user. Reel mowers cut grass by the action of the push that you as the user exert on them.
In simpler words, the more a reel lawn mower is pushed, the more grass it cuts. It is therefore imperative that a lawn mower is not too heavy that it cannot be pushed comfortably and with convenience.
It is best to buy a lawnmower that can be easily pushed so that it can cut grass efficiently and effortlessly.
Cheap reel mower is available everywhere, and with whatever amount you have and can afford, you are sure to get a cheap reel mower that is as quality as can be expected. It is advisable not to spend too much on a reel mower than you should.
There are some additional features that you need to look out for when buying a best reel mower for bermuda grass. Some of these features include heights that can be adjusted, collection bag for grass clippings and adjustable mowing heights for grass.
Padded grips also make lawn mowing easier and they have added features that you should look out for.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LAWN MOWERS
Of all the reel mowers considered in this reel mower reviews, the one that most catches our attention and gets our seal of best reel mower for bermuda grass is the Fiskars 362050-1001 Reel Mower.
It is the best reel lawn mower and my recommendation. It has been developed with cutting edge technology, is user-friendly and has a lot of great features that you as a homeowner or user will find very attractive.
In addition to its great construction and ton of extra features, it is also highly durable, sturdy and long-lasting. It is ergonomic, is adaptable, can be customized to fit the preferences of every individual user.
It is light in weight and can be used easily by anyone, even women and teenagers. It also has a technology that makes sure it mows even when pulled backwards. With these features then, the Fiskars 362050-1001 Reel Mower has our strong and expert recommendation.